Sunday, June 29, 2014

Balaboosta and the end of #thirdee

Always up for a new food adventure, mom and I headed to Balaboosta for dinner on the eve of my actually birthday. Balaboosta is a middle eastern/mediterranean spot in Nolita. Balaboosta is Yiddish for "perfect housewife", it made me chuckle a little when I found that out. This cozy restaurant has a homelike feel, but the food is anything but simple. The dishes are interesting, full of flavor and absolutely delicious. 






Mom and I were really excited they had a bottle of Rose we loved from the Nuit Rose boat cruise.  It was a 2012 Coteauz D'aix En Provence.



You always get complimentary Yuka chips. These were crunchy and light with a slightly spicy seasoning.


We started with two appetizers. The first was the Fresh Ricotta Bruschetta topped with bresaola, grilled figs, arugula and toasted pecans.



Next, we shared the Market Salad which was simple, crisp and refreshing.


Mom decided on an entree special, Saffron Spaghetti with mussels and roasted tomatoes.


I settled on the Braised Short Ribs with sauteed okra, oven dried tomato, spinach and a chickpea cake.
SO MUCH FOOD.


We ended the night with dessert (of course).


Welcome to my actual birthday...June 16th. Mom and I started the day at the wonderful St. Balmain in Brooklyn.


I decided to have the Saints Salad with Grilled Chicken. I convinced mom to have the incredible Avocado Toast aka my favorite.




Since it was my birthday, we hopped in a cab and headed to Dumbo. I was in search of this view and luckily found it.



We wandered to Brooklyn Bridge Park for some incredible views of the city. 






Ready to go back to Manhattan, we jumped on the East River Ferry. The Ferry is a great option to get around western Brooklyn and then back to Manhattan. The views of the city are incredible.


The day ended with Family Dinner. I can not imagine a better way to ring in #thirdee. I'm so grateful for the people in my life who helped me feel celebrated and loved.








Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS