Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Smorgasburg with a side of Cibo e Vino

Man does it feel good to be back in NYC after two weekends away! Though it was wonderful to see my entire family in the span of two weeks, the travel was rough on my body and I got wicked sick along the way. 

Finally feeling like myself again, I headed out to Brooklyn for lunch with some lovely ladies. We chatted, laughed, brainstormed, dreamed and planned about life and the future. Beautiful company, perfect weather and delicious food (thanks St. Balmain) are always a combination for Saturday success. 




Beware of the #selfie.



Hat - H&M / Top - TopShop / Shorts - Loft / Sunglasses - Vintage

For dessert, we headed over to the Smorgasburg on the Williamsburg waterfront. The Smorgasburg is a food market with over 100 vendors serving everything from donuts to fried chicken every weekend from 11am-6pm during the summer. People flock here to nosh on their favorite sweet and savory treats. The view isn't that bad either.










I decided to purchase a Peoples Pop. They serve fresh local fruit ice pops and shave ice. I think of them as the hipster Popsicle, with very posh flavors like Strawberry Lemongrass and Apple Rosewater.



This is the Strawberry Lemongrass.







Very refreshing on a hot day. I like that they don't load their Popsicles with sugar, just a lot of fresh fruit juice and flavor.


There is something for everyone at the Smorgsaburg. My friends all ended up getting a huge variety of things to eat. From dessert to fresh coconut to mofongo, we made sure to take in all that Smorgasburg had to offer.












I raced back to the UWS to meet up with the Frans to watch The Belmont. If California Chrome would have won, he would be the Triple Crown winner...an historic event. Unfortunately, he came in 5th.



We popped over to a local favorite Cibo E Vino for some wine and food. This is our local Italian place just around the corner from where we live. The bartenders and owners are lovely, and we always get treated so well when we dine. Tonight we decided to eat outside, and enjoy their beautiful outdoor seating area.







I nibbled on the Pasta special, a homemade pasta with prosciutto, tomato and basil.


Their mixed cutting board is packed with charcuterie and cheese. 


The Greek Salad is a favorite, packed with vibrant fresh vegetable and mounds of creamy feta cheese.


Overall, it was a good day. Full days like these, surrounded by some many people I love, remind me how much God loves me and wants for my life. 


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS