Sunday, June 22, 2014

La Nuit en Rose

When it comes to birthdays, I usually don't like to make a big deal about things. But this year, since I was turing #thirdee, I decided to be a bit selfish and go all out with the celebrations. I left a lot of the planning to the Frans and they did not disappoint. 

The weekend of festivities started off with an afternoon Rose tasting boat cruise around Manhattan. La Nuit en Rose is New York's first Rose wine festival. They had three sailings the weekend of my birthday, which pretty much meant it was destiny for us to attend to celebrate. 


We boarded the luxury Hornblower Hybrid yacht for the outing.


But not before walking the "pink" carpet.



We stepped aboard and were bombarded by hues of pink and massive amounts of Rose. Wines of Provence had the largest presence, Provence produces the greatest amount of Rose in the world. There were also Roses from other countries like Spain, Chile, Argentina and the USA.










This is so true...



Everyone got into the spirit of the "pink drink".



There were incredible nibbles onboard as well. Freshly shucked oysters from Canada and Massachusetts, crepe sandwiches and cheese plates all complimented the Rose varieties.






We found a little spot on the top deck as we set sail down the Hudson.












#selfie



I'm so grateful for my Frans. Life is not only better with Rose, it's better with them. 




Ugh, I'm obsessed with this dress.


Dress: ASOS / Shoes: Seychelles / Purse: J.Crew





Cheers.






2 comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS