Monday, June 2, 2014

Florida Lobster Feast

The weather was perfection in Florida. I don't generally do a whole heck of a lot when I'm visiting (since it's vacation), but I was excited when Dad suggested we rent a boat for a few hours. I really had no idea what to expect, but I was excited to get out on the water and enjoy the day. 

We packed a lunch of Italian subs, chips, pickles, a nummy bottle of Sancerre, and set out to discover the deep blue. 



To my surprise, Dad was the boat captain...so Bourgeois! The waterways off South West Florida are not as hard to navigate as South Carolina, which made for smooth sailing (or pontooning).







After a few hours of fun in the sun and a quick splash in the Gulf, we headed home and I slipped straight to the pool. I don't get to relax like this often, so I was planning on soaking up as much warmth as possible. I literally had the entire pool to myself the whole trip. I think all the people moved back up north for the summer...I was not complaining.


Just before turning into a lobster, I headed inside for dinner. These little pinchers were waiting, just begging me to crack them open and eat. Dad found an incredible fish market that flies fresh fish in from New England daily. The fish caught off coastal Florida are delicious, but I get how the variety can get a bit old. Dad was super excited when these guys opened and of course made friends with them quickly. 







I could have just eaten lobster, but we opted to add some fresh corn (so sweet), steamed broccoli and cauliflower and fresh baked rosemary rolls.



bon appétit

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS