Monday, July 7, 2014

A trip down Freeman's Alley that turns Loopy Doopy

Celebration. Last weekend we celebrated my friend Toya. She's an incredible lady who I love a lot and was excited to partake in her birthday festivities.

The day started at Freeman's for brunch. Freeman's is a cozy little spot at the end of Freeman's Alley in the Lower East Side. When you step into Freeman's you are transported to a rustic log cabin in the back woods of North Carolina or Tennessee or somewhere else really southern. 





It was late enough in the day that I thought a cocktail would be appropriate.


The menu is "New American" with a southern flare. Most of our dishes were breakfast based, but Mer of course opted for the burger.


I got the Poaches Eggs and Roasted Tomato over Cheese Grits. It was delicious.


Toya and her mama opted for the Skillet Eggs.


Always the sweet tooth, Nat nibbled on the Banana Waffles.


Here we have a traditional Breakfast Sandwich - Biscuit with eggs, cheese and ham.




Bellies full, we headed out for a walk around town. Not before a group snapshot.



M is for Megan.







The birthday girl.



Let's talk about these shoes. They are from Dolce Vita. You can buy them here in multiple colors. Big thanks to Tanya for buying them first and showing them off. They are a great summer shoe.


I paired my new DV shoes with this t-shirt dress from ASOS. It is super comfy and loose fitting for those hot summer days. Loft has some great summer accessories this season. I snagged my necklace during one of their 40% off sales.






Now onto the night festivities. I did not bring my camera, but was able to grab some beautiful shots with my iphone. We hopped in our Uber (new favorite thing) car for the trip downtown to the rooftop bar Loopy Doopy. Located at the top of the Conrad Hotel, this small bar has an epic view. They are known for their Prosecco Popsicle Cocktails. They partnered with People's Pops to create these refreshing beverages. They have 5 boozy popsicle choices they plop into a big old glass of Prosecco. It's up to you how you tackle this treat. I decided to eat the popsicle first and then enjoy the drink. 






After the sunset we headed off for a night of dancing at Gold Bar. The festivities lasted late into the evening and I know the birthday girl felt loved and celebrated. Oh what a night!

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. You girls definitely know how to celebrate birthdays!!! Great celebrations of life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you mama! You've got a birthday coming up soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS