Sunday, March 9, 2014

Bundle of Joy in BK

Last year was the year of weddings. This year, it is the year of babies. I guess my friends don't mess around. 

This weekend we celebrated the amazing Karla and her soon to be daughter. Karla and Kane are pastors at my church, Hillsong NYC. They are some of the most incredible people I have ever met and it was such a blessing to celebrate this family. When honor is due, it is not tough to give. 

Being a single girl in NYC without kids, I sometimes feel so much younger than my friends who are married with children. In actuality, they are maybe one year older than me or even younger. It hit me this weekend how our perspective of life changes so drastically when we become a parent. You go from a selfish existence to a selfless one. It is a shift I have not experienced yet, but it makes perfect sense. Maybe it is that shift that makes me feel like all of my friends with children are so much more mature and older than I am. Or maybe, I just need to allow myself some grace and enjoy the season God has me in.

Either way, here are some shots of her gorgeous love filled shower. 



This cake was so beautiful. It had edible glitter sprinkled all over it. I can't imagine how much work it took to make. 


Pavlova. It is an Australian dessert that is heaven to me. I could have eaten the whole thing but sadly had to share with the twenty other women who felt the same way.



It was quite a spread. We filled ourselves with french toast covered in blueberry compote and syrup, along with a breakfast biscuit sandwich stuffed with egg, bacon, cheese and a special sauce. There was also an eggless option of a croissant with bacon and spinach, and a beautiful fruit salad.




There were a lot of babies and pregnant ladies at this party.








This pic was too precious not to put up...sorry Katie that your eyes are closed...let's pretend you're praying. Can't wait to celebrate your new little one...


Now to presents. That's really the best part. So many awwws and ooo's. We were so girly. Karla looked so beautiful today.




SO MUCH PINK!





Congratulations Karla & Kane. Love you guys. Excited to meet the new little baby girl.

xoxo
d

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS