Thursday, January 22, 2015

Market Table Brunching

I love when I can squeeze in a proper brunch on a Sunday. After church at HillsongNYC, my Fran Hannah and I headed to Market Table in the West Village. I was pleasantly surprised by this new dining experience. It was an excellent recommendation and I can not wait to head back for dinner. The cuisine is very seasonal American, farm to table. 




Nestled into a cozy corner, we sipped on coffee and tea to warm up and chatted about life, love and the future. 



After much deliberation, I decided on the Lentils, Kale, & Braised Ham Hock. It was topped with a red wine poached egg meurette. I was a bit freaked out by the color, but the taste was wonderful. 



They have a variety of unique vegetable sides. I opted for the Baked and Sliced Sweet Potato covered with brown sugar, sage and a mini roasted bok choy. 



This deliciousness is the Orange Blossom French Toast. It is smothered with blackberry sauce, almond butter and vanilla cream. 



With Han preparing for her wedding and living back on Long Island for a few months, time with her is so precious. It was wonderful to have some girl time with one of my best frans. I'm so excited for what's to come for her over the next few months!





(Jacket: Zara / Shirt: Madewell / Hat: Hatattack)


Restaurants are getting more and more creative about how they deliver the check. Market Table slips the bill in a journal which dinners are encouraged to write about their experience. It was fun to read what others wrote and leave my mark.



Bon Appetit!

Naturally Ginger 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS