Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Noah Movie Premiere

I got to attend my first red carpet movie premiere this week. When I received the invite, I couldn't pass up the opportunity, who knows when it will happen again?! 

I had no idea what to expect, but was lucky to have the perfect dress for the occasion. 

This red dress number was a sweet find on ASOS. It has been sitting in my closet for about two months and was so fun to finally wear. 



I recently splurged and bought this new leopard clutch from Claire Vivier. I'm in love with it and it paired perfectly with the dress.


Mer and I shuffled quickly out of our apartments and into a cab to head downtown to the premiere of Noah.


The premiere was at the classic Ziegfeld Theatre.  We ran into a few more familiar faces outside. 



Sadly, we did not get to walk the red carpet.

The Frans got a pic before taking our seats.


Just a little bathroom shot.


One more Fran.


I had my popcorn and I was ready to watch the film.


But, not before being introduced the cast and getting a little too excited that Hermione aka Emma Watson was sitting down the row from me.



The movie was intense. I know there has been a lot of controversy and talk surrounding it, but I was glad I got to watch and form my own opinion. If you go see the movie, my advice is to come with the perspective that it is a Hollywood Blockbuster, not some "Christian" or "Bible Story" movie. I was thoroughly entertained by the film and sat at the edge of my seat, waiting to see how it would end. Since it was a loose interpretation of the original story in the Bible, and a large amount of artistic freedom was taken, I was not sure Noah and his family were going survive the flood. I also don't remember rock monsters, but when I say artistic liberty was taken, you can see what I mean. In the end, nothing compares to the beauty and pain of the original story of Noah; but, if this movie sparks an interest in people to go to the source and open a Bible to read the story, I'm ok with it.

After the movie was over we headed to the after party at the Central Park Boat House. Now this was awesome. I purposefully walked around trying to bump into famous people. The free food and drinks were nice too. The director decided he wanted only Vegan food served, which I was up for trying. If Vegan food is done well it is really good...unfortunately this was not the case here.


Overall, it was an amazing new adventure and such a fun night. Hope I get to do something like this again!


I was in love with Emma Watson's dresses. She wore a full length black satin Oscar de la Renta number to the red carpet premiere with suede navy Christian Louboutins. It had a plunging back and was gorgeous and super elegant.


picture c/o MTV twitter

For the after party she changed into this gauze and floral number by Erdem. I saw it up close and it was beautiful. I love that it is elegant, intricate, yet still young and flirty... a pure work of art.


picture c/o MTV twitter

This Cinderella is about to turn back into a pumpkin.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS