Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Williamsburg Wanderings

As much as I enjoy the extra $$ from working Saturday mornings, I was happy to say so long farewell till the Fall. After a lovely sleep in, the Frans rallied and headed out to Williamsburg, Brooklyn for some nosh.

Rain loomed over our heads all day, but we were able to catch about an hour of full on sunlight. 




Where else would we go other then St. Balmain. The sun was calling for us and our bellies were hungry for something delicious.



I finally ordered the Avocado Toast. There are no words to describe how good this is. I wanted another and literally licked my plate.



Natty got the Green Breakfast Bowl. People seriously crave this. We passed a friend on the way out who declared..."I woke up thinking about that Breakfast Bowl and I made my husband come here with me so I could eat it". It is that good people.


Mer had their Salad with Grilled Chicken (I don't know the exact name...I'm sorry).


This is my side of Kale Chips. I went for the healthier option this round.


We had some familiar faces pop over to our table. This one was blown away when he saw our dessert order.


This is the Carmel Chocolate Pie (also not the exact name, but we couldn't remember). It was sinfully melt in your mouth delcious. It was super rich and we each had maybe three bites. 


This is the DIY Donut. St. Balmain is getting a lot of buzz about this puppy. It is a homemade donut with a bit of Strawberry compote inside. It is your job to inject the filling. You can choose from Chocolate, White Chocolate and Vanilla currently. I went for traditional chocolate. The beauty of this is there is no right way to fill the donut, it's up to you.





I made a mess of it, but boy did it taste good.



We could only hold off the rain for so long and had to finish our dessert inside.




Stir crazy, we headed out for a walk around Williamsburg after the torrential rain downpour.



Our wanderings eventually brought us to The Gorblas. It is a new rooftop bar and restaurant above the Urban Outfitters Concept Store on N 6th between Berry & Wythe Ave. I was a bit weary at first, but this place is awesome! The rooftop is not fully open yet, so we grabbed a bit of Rose at the inside bar and popped upstair to our personal teepee table.











We waited out the second downpour of the day in our teepee, and then retreated back to the Upper West Side for a relaxing evening at the homestead. What a GLORIOUS day.

xoxo


2 comments:

  1. Love this Dee! So fun and so fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should check out The Gorbals! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS