Tuesday, February 11, 2014

3 Little Indians

Over the weekend, my friends and I took the train to Long Island to celebrate the 3rd Birthday of Levi, the son of our friends Diane & Marc. Levi is a rockstar. He is one of the most incredible and interesting little kids I've ever met, and is sure to do great things with his life (he already plays drums and puts on worship concerts in his living room). 

Diane has been planning and preparing this Pow Wow for months. All her hard work paid off, it was one of the coolest parties I've been to for a kid or an adult. Diane is a professional photographer (Spanglish Studios - I featured her as one of my "World Changers" recently), but since she also had to be hostess and mommy, I offered to take pictures for the event. 


Levi's Warrior Stance. 


Attention to detail is key to the success of a party. Skewered mini-pancakes? Come on!




How precious are these teepee ice cream cones?? Sitting pretty just waiting to be filled!


The adults feasted on a variety of french toast casseroles, quiche, and handmade pastries with dried fruit. There was also skewered bacon and fruit.



Natalie made us incredible headdresses to wear for the party...we had to support the theme! 
It was also necessary to put on our war paint to really set the mood.  








Diane said this teepee was a labor of love. It sure looked cute though, and the kids (and some adults) loved playing in it. 






Each child went home with a precious individualized coloring book and wooden pencil. She had them laying out on a little craft cart that the kids were able to pull activities from throughout the party. 






At this point Marc was telling a really great story. Diane wanted to make sure I captured it. :)



Me, the birthday boy, and my gorgeous friends. 




I learned that Diane sewed the pieces of colorful card stock together in order to create theme appropriate garland. Now that's love for a child people! 




HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEVI!




Cake and ice cream for all. The kids were silent once the sweets were served. 




This family is a wonderful. They love each other well and do the same for the people in their life. So happy I could spend the day with them celebrating Levi. 





Peace out from the 3 Little Indians. 



d.eileen















2 comments:

  1. this party looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was too fun! Gave me some fun ideas for when I'm a mom...in the far future haha

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS