Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Hello old friend.

Hello old friend. 

It has been one year, two months and ten days since I last posted. It has almost been three years since I first posted on Naturally Ginger. 

Where does the time go?

After I hit the year mark of my blog hiatus, I resolved that Naturally Ginger had fully been laid to rest. Life had gotten full, and any free time dedicated to the blog had been filled by some other form of responsibility or busyness. 

But, over the last few months, I have been going through what I would refer to as a sort of personal transformation. I was feeling stuck in many areas of life and sought advice, insight and support to move forward. I was encouraged to really discover what I love to do in life. In my searching, photography, writing, food, wine, travel, fashion, friends and Jesus all found themselves in the mix. I also found a resurgence in interest and encouragement about the blog from faithful readers, friends and even strangers. So, even though I had written off ever starting up the blog again, I found it was an answer to what I had been looking for. 

So welcome to the new Naturally Ginger. As we set out on this journey, I hope to not just paint a picture of perfect awesome life, but create honest and vulnerable (scary word) dialogue about it. I'm striving daily to live wholeheartedly and this journey has not been easy.

"Wholehearted living is about engaging in our lives from a place of worthiness. It means cultivating the courage, compassion, and connection wake up in the morning and think, no matter what gets done and how much is left undone, I am enough. It's going to bed at night thinking, yes I am imperfect and vulnerable and sometimes afraid but that doesn't change the truth that I am worthy of love and belonging." - Dr. Brené Brown; Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent and Lead

So here we go. I hope you will engage, embrace and feel encouraged by the new and improved Naturally Ginger. I won't be posting as frequently but I hope the quality of the content stirs, inspires and starts conversations for all readers.

xoxo
D

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS