Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Bar Pitti

New York has so many little culinary secrets. One of those little secrets is Bar Pitti. I have wanted to try Bar Pitti for the longest time. It has a killer outside space that is always bustling on a sunny day. When Britt and I set up dinner, I knew it was the perfect spot to meet up. This authentic Italian restaurant in Greenwich Village serves some the most delicious homemade pastas. 



There is a fixed menu, but each day diners view specials on the traveling chalkboard. My Italian is very weak, so the lovely waiter translated. I was tempted by the Taglierini al Tartufo Estno (pasta with shaved truffle on top), which they are know for, but the price tag was a bit to rich for my night. 


We started by nibbling on fresh bread and olive oil. 


We shared a salad filled with arugula, speck and fresh parmigiano. The touch of fresh lemon was perfection.



After much deliberation, I decided on Taglierini al Empolese - thin pasta with artichokes, leeks, garlic, olive oil and fresh tomato.


Britt opted for the Pappardelle Alla Fiesolana - flat large pasta with smoked bacon, cream, tomatoes and parmigiano.





Overall I was very please with Bar Pitti. I can't wait to come again and sit outside! Make note it is cash only, so come prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS