Sunday, August 24, 2014

LACMA with a bite at Church & State

I decided that a cultural experience was necessary during my visit to LA. Via recommendation, I headed to The Lost Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA). The difference between museums in NYC and LA is that the California museums are very spread out with a lot of outdoor spaces between buildings. The LACMA, specifically, has a lot of outdoor art instilations. The entrance of the museum is marked by the exhibition Urban Light. The artist, Chris Burden, used 202 restored cast iron antique street lamps to create this work.  




(Jeans: KUT from the Kloth / Top: ANDB / Necklace: C.Wonder (similar here)


I headed inside and wandered around the permanent exhibitions. I could not take pictures in most. But in this modern art section I could.




This piece is titled Giant Pool Balls (very creative). I decided to try my luck at the break.




I loved the vast variety of art at the LACMA.





This is Metropolis II. Interesting take on art. The structure is meant to represent the busyness of a major metropolitan city, in this case LA. Around 100,000 miniature cars circulate this structure at speeds up to 240 scale mph.







I headed to dinner with Jenny and her wonderful boyfriend Greg at the very popular Church & State in Downtown LA (the quality of pictures are very poor, i'm sorry, but the quality of food is very high). 

Yes Way Rose!



Church & State is a French restaurant (aka my favorite). French food is so lush, romantic, fabulous and delicious.






We started with Le Cachat - herbed goat cheese and lavender honey...


...as well as the Olives Marinees.


I demanded we have the Escargots de Bourgogne en Croute - burgundy snails, garlic butter and a puff pastry. Can't get more french then snails.




We all got the Bar de Ligne - local striped bass, basil puree, leak, potato, scallion, cherry tomato, castelvetrano olives in a fennel broth. I licked it up with bread. There are so many incredible items on the menu, I wish I had the opportunity to go back to try more!


Gosh I love this girl. Such a wonderful friend to have in my life.




xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS